The Lawrence Humane Society needs a new shelter. And we need you to help us build it!
Have you heard? We’re raising $7.5 million to build a new, state-of-the-art shelter for the pets in our community.
Check out this video to learn why this project is so important! (Hint: grab some tissues before you hit “play!”)
Now that you’ve seen why we desperately need a new facility for pets in need, get excited! Thanks to the generosity of our amazing friends and supporters, we’ve already raised more than $6 million of the $7.5 million project total. That’s HUGE! But we still have a ways to go.
This is where you come in.
We just launched a crowdfunding campaign to band together all of our animal-loving friends to help us raise $150,000. That seems like a big number — and it is. But you know what? We can do it! If 300 people each help us raise $500, we’ll reach our goal in no time!
We can’t do it without you!
Will you help us reach our $150,000 goal by August 31? Getting involved in our crowdfunding campaign is easy. Just check out the three simple steps below!
3 Easy Steps to Get Started
1. Create an account and create your page
The only things you’ll need to do this: a computer, a digital photo of you or your pets (or both!), and your passion!
Click here to go to the main FOR THEM fundraising page and hit the blue “Become a Fundraiser” button! Then, follow these instructions to set up your page! If you need help, feel free to email me! Hint: The most successful pages include a personal story, photo, and fundraising goal! Whether you want to raise $50 or $5,000, every effort help!
Looking for an extra challenge? Consider forming a team! Follow the instructions on your page, and invite your friends, family, and co-workers to join your team and work together to reach a team goal.
2. Share, Share, Share!
Copy the link from your account and share it wherever you can! Some great ideas:
- Email the link to family, friends, and co-workers. Tell them why the shelter is important to you and ask them to make a donation!
- Share your link on Facebook and Twitter! Include a story about how the shelter (or your shelter pet) made a difference in your life and ask your followers for a donation. Don’t forget to use the #ForThem hashtag!
- Share a photo of your pet on Instagram! Instagram links can’t be embedded, so change the link in your profile, and in the text of your Instagram post, tell your followers why you’re supporting the project and include, “Click the link in my profile to donate!”
3. Encourage the pet lovers you know to get involved!
The more incredible fundraisers we have helping, the more support we’ll raise to build this critically-needed shelter. If you have friends that you think would be excited to help out, send them this post so they can get started!
Don’t want to become a fundraiser? You can still help by sharing this page with the animal lovers you know and encouraging them to get involved, or by making a donation!
Tips for Success
- Thank your supporters! You’ll receive emails notifying you of new donations! Publicly thank your friends on your platforms — tag them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. It’ll help encourage other friends who haven’t donated! Not a social media person? That’s okay! Send a personal email to those who have given to your fundraising page.
- Be creative! Come up with a fun challenge. If you raise $5,000, will you dye your hair blue or get a tattoo? If you form a fundraising team with friends, will you all chip in to buy the friend who raises the most money a dinner out?
- Raise money in honor or in memory of a pet or person! In lieu of birthday or wedding gifts, consider asking for donations for the campaign! Or raise money in memory of a pet that’s no longer with you. Whatever you choose to do, don’t forget to tell your story and let your friends and followers know why this project is important to you!
If you come up with a great idea, I’d love to hear about it! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! And if you need help at any point along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Thank you for all you do for pets in need!
Meghan Scheibe is the Director of Development and Marketing for the Lawrence Humane Society.