The Lawrence Humane Society asked local animal lovers to step up in a big way FOR THEM…
And the community overwhelmingly answered the call FOR THEM!
Thanks to the incredible generosity of more than 1,000 donors throughout Douglas County and beyond, homeless pets in our community have a new place to call home while they await their forever family.
Several dozen adorable dogs and cats led the way as the LHS team moved into our gorgeous, new 20,000 square foot building!
The move brings us one step closer to our vision of a humane community where every pet has the chance for a loving home, and every pet parent has access to the resources and support they need to care for their four-legged friends.
Our new $7.5 Million building will help us turn that vision into a reality. Thanks to the loyal LHS supporters, in the next five years alone, will allows us to:
- Shelter, love and care for 23,000 homeless, lost, and abused animals;
- Find new loving homes for 15,000 pets;
- Accommodate 4,500 pets from shelters and emergency and disaster relief situations throughout the country;
- Through our new Pet Resource Center, offer high-quality, low-cost spay and neuter services to 2,500 pets in our community;
- Engage 16,000 residents of all ages in humane education and outreach initiatives;
- And so much more!
But our hard work doesn’t relent just because we have a new building. We have to expand our efforts living up to our promise we’ve made to these deserving dogs and cats; a promise to providing shelter, care, advocacy and loving homes for animals in our great community.
It is only through the generosity of people like you that the LHS team can live up to that promise, so thank you!
Please, come visit us at 1805 E.19TH St. in Lawrence and check out our new home. Consider adding a new loving member to your family. And if you can, click the button below and help us keep the promise we’ve made FOR THEM, because life’s better with a shelter pet.